Subject: Re: BT-742 EISA SCSI adapters
To: Evil Pete <shipley@merde.dis.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/1994 20:56:58
>Is anyone runing netbsd-current with a BT-742?  if so can you email me
>and tell me what the revision number is on you board (I believe it is
>printed when the system powers up)
>
>I am having problems the system locks up after "scsibus0 at bt0" is
>printed.  thus would like to determin it this is a board revision
>problem or a problem is the device itself.
>
>Also tell me what date of current you are running (the first few lines
>of the boot banner will do fine)
>
>		-Pete

I'm not using a 742, but I have been running current for about three
months on a BT747.  My card is about three months old.  It claims to
be BIOS 4.70 and Firmware 3.37.  I'm running the kernel I built a week
ago (4/8 sources) and it's been working just great.

  :
  :
bt0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11: version 3.3, async, parity, 16 mbxs
scsibus0 at bt0
bt0 targ 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM PD425S          606_> SCSI2 direct fixed
sd0 at scsibus0: 406MB, 1520 cyl, 9 head, 60 sec, 512 bytes/sec
bt0 targ 6 lun 0: <EXABYTE EXB-8200        252X> SCSI1 sequential removable
st0 at scsibus0: drive empty
  :
  :

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.