Subject: Re: default built kernels and com4
To: Chris G. Demetriou <>
From: John Brezak <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1994 11:05:33
> > For those of us with mach32 based cards, the com4 support makes the default
> > kernels useless.
> why?  I don't have a mach32-based card, and am not going to buy one to
> find out why they don't work with kernels w/com4...
> chris

I think other VGA cards also use either the *standard* COM4 interrupt and/or IO
space - like the S3/928 based ones.

Why wouldn't it be reasonable to exclude COM4 for the canned 386 kernels ?

 John Brezak                    UUCP:     uunet!apollo.hp!brezak
 Hewlett Packard/Apollo         Internet:
 300 Apollo Drive               Phone:    (508) 436-4915
 Chelmsford, Massachusetts      Fax:      (508) 436-5122