Subject: TTYFLAGS question
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Rafal Boni <rkb55989@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1994 21:39:56
Ok, now that ttyflags has made it into the default rc, I can finally stop
adding lines to com.c that force softcarrier on all my local terminals/
modem type gadgets, but I have a few questions:

	1. What is the preferrable way to set a line that is connected
	   to a local dumb terminal with a "minimal" [ie, no DCD] cable?
	   How about for a terminal that does not assert DCD, but has an
	   otherwise good cable??

	   What I would like to know in connection to the abve is the
	   difference between setting it to "clocal" and "softcar" and
	   how this would affect software operation.

	2. How about a modem that is only used for dialout??

Any comments from Charles and Chris appreciated, but I'll take clues from
anybody [hey, I'm not proud... :Q].

PS: Are all the modes [ie, RTSCTS and MDMBUF] fully implemented?? I know a lot
of work has been done on the com driver, but these were things that I seem
to remember being broken as far back as 386bsd 0.1

							Thanks,
							--rafal

|"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit   |              Rafal Boni |
| 15% of the earth, which is 100% more than they |         r-boni@uiuc.edu |
| have now..." -Cartoon caption in New Yorker    | My opinions, not UIUC's |