Subject: new snapshot
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1994 11:06:23
Do any of the core developers have an idea of when a new i386 snapshot will
be available on sun-lamp?

My system is now hopelessly lost.  I can't use any of my own kernels since
I hastily rm -rf'ed /usr/libexec and replaced it with the April 3 /usr/libexec
tar file that's on sun-lamp, and my system won't boot the April 3 kernel
that's on sun-lamp either.  It gets to the buffer allocation stage and reboots
the machine.  I've tried netbsd-aha and netbsd-bt.

So the only thing I can do now, short of re-installing 0.9, is to wait for
a new snapshot and hope that the kernel will boot on my machine.

-dwh-
dhess@cs.stanford.edu