Subject: Re: Problem with slip...It keeps locking solid
To: James M Chacon <jmc@cis.ksu.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1994 07:31:08
>What seems to happen, is that I will get a silo overflow, and then after
>that the serial port is locked up and slattach is unkillable. The only
>way to get the serial port back is to reboot. Kinda messy and such.
>
>Any ideas or comments from others running slip with current would be
>appreciated.

I got a lot of silo overflows when I had pcvt installed (not even in use,
I was on another machine, telnetted in, but loads of them still got logged.
Honestly, I didn't think they were logged anymore anyway, but they sure are.)

Anyhow, I've been having other hardware problems (such as a flakey external
cache, I think) but when all the neat things I've paid for are turned off,
my machine runs for days (6 or so before I brave a new kernel) with slip
up all that time at 38400 baud.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735