Subject: Re: small prob w/BT-542B and Viper 2150S
To: None <jan@homer.filetek.com>
From: Randy Terbush <sierra!randy>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1994 07:41:00
Jan Morales writes:
 > I have a small problem.  I have a BusLogic BT-542B (BIOS 4.50, firmware
 > 3.31) and an Archive Viper 2150S as target 0, LUN 0.  When the machine
 > is first powered up or rebooted the SCSI card says the following:
 >
 > 	First hard disk already installed
 > 	Checking for SCSI Target 0 LUN 0
 >
 > It then pauses for around 45 seconds and then says:
 >
 > 	SCSI Target 0 LUN 0 not found
 > 	Checking for SCSI Targer 1 LUN 0
 >
 > A couple of seconds later it says:
 >
 > 	Target-LUN 0-0 is ARCHIVE VIPER 150...

I am relatively sure that the 2150S is a SCSI-1 device.  You might
check switch settings on your controller to see if it can be placed in
a SCSI-1 mode.  It may be expecting some other response from target 0.
You might also see if the tape is properly detected at some id other
than 0.

--
Randy Terbush
INET: randyt@cse.unl.edu