Subject: Re: Printing w/CR's
To: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
From: David Bryan Burgess <burgessd@cwis.unomaha.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1994 17:45:46

> > >Someone had mentioned bumping up the minor number on the printer to 32, that
> > >didn't work.  By looking at the lpt.c code, it shows that to add LF's to
> > >CR's, and what I need to do is add the CR's to the LF's... The opposite.
>
> > Certainly it couldn't be that hard to either change lpt.c to do the opposite,
> > or make it so if you added 64 to the minor number you would get the behavior
> > you desire.
>
> Certainly, but I'm trying to find the "standard" way to do it.  Are you
> saying our LPT configs are so bad you have to HACK the driver to get it
> to work with your printer?

I have found that the FF control in te printcap file is an excellent way to
make a change like this.  You can program your printer to perform virtually
any gymnastics you want during thhe Form Feed.

My laser printer used to do EXACTLY the same thing you are describing.

I just set the printcap so that it changed the CR code to CR+LF