Subject: Re: XFree86 2.1 and new stuff
To: John F. Woods <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1994 01:37:49
On Apr 8, 11:11am, "John F. Woods" wrote:
} >
} > Why not include include the proper prototypes and let the compiler do all
} > the mirky casting? This will keep down the number and size of patches required.
}
} Prototypes are a crutch for the weak.
}
} 		:-)
}
} More seriously, going through and actually looking for these things
} will probably uncover other mistakes as well; what we really need is
} a genuine "lint".

     Hear hear.  lint catches more problems then any compiler.  If you
pass the names of all the source files to lint, it will make two
passes over each and catch inconsistencies between files as well as
inconsistencies within files.  As a general rule of thumb, I don't
write ANSI C, since it is non-portable.

}-- End of excerpt from "John F. Woods"