Subject: just sup'd (4/9/94) - i386/isa/fd.c broken; kernel won't boot
To: netbsd-current-users <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Parker <brad@fcr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1994 20:57:41
I just sup'd and I the kernel would not build due to a problem in fd.c
(RTCFDT_TYPE5 & RTCFDT_TYPE6 not defined).  I commented this code out,
and the kernel built fine.

When booting, it seemed to be going through the probe/attach "real
slow" and when it got to my AHA 1542b, it rebooted.

Before someone tells me what I forgot to do ;-) I did

	cd /usr/src
	make cleandir
	Build/Install src/usr.bin/make
	Install src/share/mk
	cd /usr/src
	make -k obj
	make -k depend
	Build/Install src/usr.sbin/config
	Install src/include
	Build src/sys/lib
	Build/Install/Reboot kernel (after make clean)

As per a previous note...  It strikes me that this should build a
bootable kernel, even with the recent offset_t/new-lseek-syscall
changes.

Certainly my ioconf.c changed ;-) So, I'm sure I did a config.  I'm
also sure I did a make depend and I'm sure all the old kernel .o's
went away...

(I'll do the obvious now and start with a minimal kernel)

-brad