Subject: Re: Snapshot report - 6th April tar_files
To: None <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1994 23:19:46
>From: agc@uts.amdahl.com (Alistair G. Crooks)
>Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 10:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

>3.  pccons has gone away - pcvt is now in the kernel. Some say that
>the keyboard locking problem (TM) has now gone away for them. Charles
>Hannum says that pcvt has some of the problems that the old pccons
>had. Stay tuned.

After making a fool of myself by reporting the keyboard lockup problem
solved when it wasn't once before, I tested the pccons patches I sent
out a couple of days ago EXTENSIVELY.  I haven't had a single keyboard
lockup since making those changes, and I reboot my machine a lot
(because I also have to use it for vital DOS applications like DOOM
and X-Wing :-).  Unfortunately, your mileage may vary depending on
your hardware.  The patch I posted works on my Gateway 2000 DX2-66V
with the Micronics JX-30 motherboard.

Hopefully I can reduce the number of changes in the code to a minimum,
and clean them up, so that they will be accepted into the tree.  I
must admit, though, that this problem has dropped in priority now that
I have something that works, even though it is ugly.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030