Subject: Re: Yesterdays kernel.
To: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/1994 15:51:43
> [...]
> stray interrupt 5; stopped logging
>
> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
>
> Is this just me? Doesn't appear to be affecting anything other than my
> brain so........

I've noticed the same thing, except I'm not getting quite as high a volume
of it.  So far, I get the following:

 1. One stray interrupt from my SCSI adapter (Ultrastor 34F) immediately
    after autoconfig (right before the "Automatic reboot.." message.
 2. Another from the same source while it's building the databases on boot.
 3. Random stray interrupts from the serial port that my SLIP line is on
    (a 16550a, going at 57600).  Not very often though.

Incidentally, since installing PCVT, I've been getting lots of silo
overflow messages on that slip line.  It is not limited to when I
switch vt's.  I tried lowering the speed to 38400, but it didn't seem
to help at all.  I don't remember ever getting a silo overflow with
pccons.

This is running on a 486dx2/66 vlb, by the way.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science