Subject: Re: time for port-ppc?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1994 22:13:14
cgd writes:
>some guy writes:
>> However, there are multiprocessor PCs (short for mpc)
>> available  quite cheaply.  My question is,  is  there
>> enough interests in parallizing the NetBSD kernel?

>yeah.  buy me one of those 'quite cheap' machines, and i'd
>be glad to work on it!  8-)

I wondered about this two.  The PowerPC CPU (and Alpha) are supposed
to be twice the performance at half the price of an Intel CPU, and we're
supposed to believe a two-CPU Intel box is going to be "cheap"?  ;-)

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.