Subject: request for help
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1994 19:27:06
Could someone kindly place the following statically linked, -current binaries
on an anon ftp site somewhere?

/usr/libexec (whole thing)
/usr/lib (whole thing -- no XFree stuff necessary)
ld
ranlib
ar
gas
gcc (entire package)
tar
gzip

I have a relatively current kernel, but I screwed up when trying to remake
ar/ranlib/ld and the libs in the correct order.  Then I did something really
stupid and downloaded the binaries from sun-lamp, installed them over my
directories, and deleted the originals.  Problem is that these binaries seem
to be pre-major changes in the last week or so (I knew that but I forgot in
my haste), so all I get now when trying to use anything in /usr/libexec
(including ld.so) is core dumps.

Thanks
-dwh-
dhess@cs.stanford.edu