Subject: Source tar files on ftp.iastate.edu
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael Bryan <michael@resonex.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1994 13:27:40
Yesterday morning the mirror on ftp.iastate.edu had tar files with
binaries from 4/3/94, and sources from either 4/3 or 4/4.  This
morning, the binaries are still those from 4/3, but the sources are
from 3/27.  What gives?

I just loaded the 4/3 binaries (upgrading from a fresh install of
0.9), and things seem to work ok.  [I haven't tried much, though,
including not having run a compilation at this point.]  I wanted to
download the current sources, and attempt a full compilation, but the
sources have apparently reverted back to last week's.  (I had part of
them from yesterday, but my Internet provider went flaky, and I lost
most of them before I could finish downloading them.)  I don't see
much point in compiling sources older than the binaries, especially
with the off_t business...

--
____     Children of a future age      ____
\  /    Reading this indignant page    \  /