Subject: Re: PCVT
To: NetBSD-current Users <>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1994 19:18:09
From the keyboard of Jan-Hinrich Fessel:
> > Okay, I love the support for PCVT, but EVERYTIME I switch VT's I get
> > a SILO OVERFLOW.  Anybody else had this problem?  Is there a fix, or
> > do I have to go back to PC-CONS/SCREEN Combo..
> You can still go for the syscons solution.  It works fine for me
> since I abandoned tcsh.
> I still don't understand how a console not capable of vt100/vt52
> has made its way into BSD.
> pc3 was not nice but it somehow worked with systems knowing vt100.
> Most of the systems I use don't know a shit about vt220.

Oh! :-) On which systems do you work ? :-) :-)

The vt220 was the next character terminal generation after the vt100.
The vt220 command set is a superset of the vt100 and if you set TERM=vt100
it will work fine.

> So I refused to go the pcvt way until it supports vt100.

Perhaps i really have to rewrite the docs ..

Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
                                The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe. (FZ)