Subject: Re: getty changes again?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.berkeley.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.Ruhr.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1994 13:15:07
> nothing's changed getty in a while.  it could be a library bug, but it's
> a bit weird that it only doesn't work on dialups, etc...

I noticed that too, getty is still not working for my setup, so
I use an "old" getty:
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  16384 Mar  2 09:01 /usr/libexec/getty

> may i ask why you're tracking -current, on an (apparently) "production"
> system?  seems awfully brave, to me!

Maybe like me he is running short of machines to track current ;-)
-current was easy to track until someone changed getty without
making clear why he did what.  But that was an easy one to recover from.
Nowadays it seems harder to track -current without having the possibility
to sup the sources for tar_files on the designated mirror iastate.edu are
way behind the current date...  Will there be more than 3 ftp users
allowed on sun-lamp in the future or is it possible to sup the compressed
tar files?

cheers
	Oskar