Subject: Re: Using Term for sup
To: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1994 23:15:21
>> >tredir 871 sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
>>
>> (The latest version is 114, BTW.)
>>
>> # tredir 871 sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
>> Redirecting 871 to sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu

>Its a permisions thing I think.  I run with a modified for term sup
>binary.  The changes needed are basic just grab any of the ``termified''
>programs from tartarus and do a diff on the original to se what needs
>to be changed. (basically the standard socket() gethostbyname() connect()
>thing changes to connect_server())
>
>I would give out diffs but I don't think I have the source anymore, sorry.
>
>Chris.

This is completely unnecessary.  Sup runs without modification over
term if you set it up correctly.  You have to be root when you do the
tredir, and you have to have the root shell pointing to the same
TERMDIR as the shell that started term.  Nothing else is necessary
(besides changing the sup host to localhost).

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.