Subject: Using Term for sup
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1994 13:53:36
A short while ago, someone (sorry, I forgot to save the header) wrote:

>Either setup a SLIP or a PPP link, or if that is unfeasible, get "term",
>a user-mode point-to-point package-oriented communication program.  It can
>be found somewhere in the pub/OS/Linux hierarchy on ftp.funet.fi, the
>name ought to be term112.tar.gz or similar.  Compile it on both systems,
>set up a term connection as per the documentation, and then as root at home:
>
>tredir 871 sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu

(The latest version is 114, BTW.)

I'm trying to do this, but not having much luck.  I have term working --
linecheck reports no errors either direction, and I am able to set up a
term link and trsh into it.  However when I do the tredir and try to sup,
I get:

# tredir 871 sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
Redirecting 871 to sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
# sup -s
SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for system software at Apr  3 12:28:51
SUP: Can't connect to server for supfilesrv: No route to host

Obviously, I'm missing.  The question is: what??  (I would try a route add,
but I haven't the vaguest notion of how to make it run through term.)
I'm running NetBSD/Mac, current as of 19 March 1994.

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com