Subject: Re: BusTek 742A
To: Evil Pete <shipley@merde.dis.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1994 18:19:52
>Is anyone using and BusTek 742A with the latest SCSIU code?
>
>my system probes the card then hangs for a while before falling
>into the debuger complining that the board is not takeing commands?
>

>		-Pete

I'm using a BusLogic 747s and it's working fine with the latest kernel
sources.

>controller	bt0	at isa? port "IO_BT0" bio irq 11  vector btintr
>master          scsibus0 at bt0
>disk		sd0	at scsibus0 flags 0 drive ?
>disk		sd1	at scsibus0 flags 0 drive ?
>disk		sd2	at scsibus0 flags 0 drive ?
>disk		sd3	at scsibus0 flags 0 drive ?
>tape		st0	at scsibus0 flags 1 drive ?
>#tape		st1	at scsibus0 flags 1 drive ?
>disk		cd0	at scsibus0 flags 2 drive ?
>#disk		cd1	at scsibus0 flags 2 drive ?

Remove the "flags x" stuff.  Here's that piece out of mine:

controller      bt0     at isa? port "IO_BT0" bio irq 11  vector btintr
master          scsibus0 at bt0
device          sd0     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          sd1     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         sd2     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         sd3     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          st0     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         st1     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          cd0     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         cd1     at scsibus0 slave ?
device          ch0     at scsibus0 slave ?
#device         ch1     at scsibus0 slave ?

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.