Subject: Re: pcvt - where to put utilities? + vax port
To: Szabolcs Szigeti (PinkPanther) <pink@fsz.bme.hu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1994 01:28:40
> I see pcvt finally got into the kernel. Very good.
> Are the non-kernel related stuff (scons, ispcvt, font etc.) going to remain
> in the kernel source tree?

No.  I asked charles to move them (because he imported the code...)
and thus far has has refused, however.

> Shouldn't be something like src/usr.bin/[arch] created and architecture
> dependent stuff put into it?

actually, they should probably in ins src/usr.bin/pcvt/*,
and it should be optionally included by the Makefile.  (see also
fdisk in src/sbin...)

> Also another question, which is not really related to here:
>
> I've heard about some vax port going on, subscribed to the port-vax list,
> but there seems to be no traffic. Does anyone know anything about it?
> We have two 750's doing nothing here, and would be willing to do some
> development/testing.

No, there's not that much traffic on that list yet -- the port isn't
to the point yet where much traffic is warranted...  i hope to
see some announcement there 'soon'.

chris