Subject: MFS problems
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1994 22:37:09
MFS has stopped working with the off_t changes.
In trying to track down that I found another bug.

mount_mfs (newfs) closes descriptor 2 near the end of the
routine mkfs, but later tries to report an error when
the mount system call fails.  This error will, naturally,
not generate any message.

Turning the message on again I found that mount fails with
EINVAL.  According to the manual page this indicates a
problem with the superblock.  I haven't got time to track this
down right now, but I suspect that newfs might be broken.
Has anyone tried a newfs since the change?

	-- Lennart