Subject: Re: Help required: no lib crypt installed after make install in /usr/src
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1994 13:43:34
>Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 12:22:48 EST
>From: "John F. Woods" <jfw@ksr.com>
>
>You need to get the real crypt.c separately.  I keep a copy in
>/etc, so when I wipe out /usr/src and reinstall I can recover it.
>Put it in /usr/src/lib/libcrypt, re-do the make, install it,
>and you're all set.  (Ah, shared libraries are good for something
>:-).

Not quite--he'll still have to rebuild the contents of /bin and /sbin,
as all of the binaries there are linked statically.  In fact, all of
the important stuff lives there (init, login & passwd especially).
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030