Subject: Re: STREAMS - any plans?
To: Ty Sarna <>
From: Brad Parker <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1994 11:26:00
In message <>, Ty Sarna writes:

>In article <> Adam Glass <glass@
>> writes:
>> no one has offered one.  This is not a shot on sight kind of thing at
>I recall someone (Terry??) working on one, but I haven't heard anything
>about it for a very long time. Anyone remember who it was or know the
>current status?

while I would agree that having an SVR4 compliant strems interface in the
kernel would be nice from a "code reusablility" standpoint, the performance
loose might be unacceptable (scheduling streams is well, not fast, imho)

I think a better approach would be to put the "X kernel" in netbsd.  We could
get some huge performance wins on tcp/ip as well as other protocols. and
still get some of the benefits of "modules".  I think mod-loadable x kernel
modules would be a good thing(tm).