Subject: Re: IS it Day Light Savings time yet (Re: 19Mar94 current)
To: None <ack@clark.net>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1994 10:04:33
>From: "Eric S. Hvozda" <ack@clark.net>
>Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 22:45:46 -0500 (EST)
>
>Well is it?
>
>I've always used dst 5 in the kernel config and
>/usr/share/timezone/US/Eastern and gooten the correct TOD.  However, after
>upgrading to 19Mar94 binaries and building a new kernel, I'm getting TOD
>1 hour behind.  Very odd.  I assume no one else is seeing this...

I ran into this problem a long time ago.  I got around it by getting
rid of 'dst' in the timezone line of my kernel config file.  My RTC is
set to local time (moved ahead & back when DST comes & goes), and I
use a /usr/share/zoneinfo/posixrules built with POSIXRULES=US/Eastern
as /etc/localtime.

I'll see if I have to add the 'dst' option again when DST arrives
again in a couple of weeks.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030