Subject: NETBSD & SLIP Connects
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Hagen Finley <hagen@violet.berkeley.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1994 08:12:46
        I hope you'll pardon what is probably a FAQ. I am a new imigrant to
the UNIX domain and have set up a PC (486 66mz 16MB ram) with the march
relaease of NETBSD. I also have X windows running. I have been able to log
on to my unix account via tip but it looks like I lack the files I need to
establish a HIP SLIP connection. If I tip to the annex port and type PPP I
can log in but then the handshaking appears to be one-sided (that is my
machine lacks the protocol configuration to respond and SLIP me in. There
is a host file which appears to suggest I should have a file or two in /etc
which configure my machine for SLIP. Thanks!

Hagen Finley
Berkeley, California