Subject: Network 'source quench'???
To: current-users <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Burgess, David (TSgt) ~U <BurgessD@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1994 13:31:00
Do any of you folks have any experience with a network 'source quench'
message?  I understand that this isn't REALLY a -current question, but I
figured if anybody has any idea, it would be you folks.

I have been trying to SUP the current sources for the past couple of nights
(my SLIP link is back up) and after about 45 minutes, the network activity
goes away and I start getting these 'quench' messages in response to any
icmp packets I send out.  Once I start getting them, I cannot communicate
any further down the line than my network gateway.  Everything just kind of
grinds to a halt.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Burgess