Subject: Re: Dramatic Serial Port Speed Reduction
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1994 21:21:46
> "since i fixed the com driver"?  when do you mean?

Oh, I don't know.. I just know that from the 02-27-94 release to the
03-18-94 release, my throughput has dropped by approx. 300 cps on the
slip connection.  Granted, after looking at the com driver more closely,
it doesn't seem that anything there could slow it down, so maybe their
has been another change somewhere, perhaps in the SLIP code?

> The code changes that i've made since charles' last work on it:

All excellent changes, and long overdue.. Thank you very much!

> On what date did you start seeing your problems?

I noticed the problem when updating from 02-27-94 to 03-18-94.

> (and why does everybody think that, when i change something,
> it's significant?  's *really* scary... 8-)

Oh Chris, we worship your every move, and LIVE for your code fixes...
If it wasn't for you, ... I dunno, but we really appreciate it!

	rls@id.net