Subject: Re: Dramatic Serial Port Speed Reduction
To: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
From: Rafal Boni <rkb55989@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1994 12:43:16
In message <199403221456.JAA12395@zeus.id.net>, you write:

-> Has anybody else noticed a dramatic speed loss since Chris fixed the Com
-> driver?  I am noticing a STEADY decrease of ~300 CPS...
->
-> 	-- Rob
-> 	rls@id.net

	In a word, "no".  Granted, I only have a base of comparison approx.
	last two - three weeks, as I only upgraded from 0.8 at the beginning
	of the month, but things are running as well as I would expect them
	to work, and I have seen no performance losses since then [and in
	fact, I think things are much snappier, but that could be my still
	wanting to compare performance with 0.8...]

							--rafal

|"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit   |              Rafal Boni |
| 15% of the earth, which is 100% more than they |         r-boni@uiuc.edu |
| have now..." -Cartoon caption in New Yorker    | My opinions, not UIUC's |