Subject: Re: Shared libraries and crypt
To: None <,>
From: Olaf Seibert <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1994 14:28:00 (Bill Sommerfeld) wrote:
[Olaf Seibert, i.e. me wrote:]
>    On the contrary; I would urge all usanians to ignore this stupid regulation,
>    so that it will be revoked when the powers in force finally realise
>    how rididulous it is.
> Well, it's not *your* butt who could wind up in prison over this...

Unfortunately for me, that is not entirely true. The Dutch government
is (thinking of) trying to sneak in a nasty little change in the
telecommunications act, one in a batch of unrelated other changes.  The
effect of this one is that encrypted communications with an unlicensed
crypto method will be illegal. And you only get a license if the
government can listen in (i.e, the encryption is very weak or you give
them the keys).

And you thought Clipper was bad.

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
\X/ An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.