Subject: Modem on /dev/tty00 & /dev/tty01
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1994 22:23:09
Okay, I now have the DSP550 cards installed & operational.  I have the
following in my /etc/ttys

tty00	"/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"	vt100 on
tty01	"/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"	vt100 on

And getty seems to be running on the ports.  The kernel is the latest sup
of 03-20-94.  Modems are 14.4k modems.  If I do the following, without
getty running:

sleep 30000 < /dev/tty01 &
stty -f /dev/tty01 clocal
chown uucp.dialer /dev/tty01
tip com1

I can talk correctly with the modem, so I know cables, etc are fine.  But
when someone calls in, all they get is garbage on the screen.  I have tried
several different baud rates, with no luck.  I double checked the modem on
another machine (DOS) thinking that maybe the modem was switching the DTE
speed when someone connected, but it works fine with the port locked under
DOS.  Does anybody have experience, help, examples, source for getting 4
dialin modems to work under NetBSD-current?

		-- Rob
		rls@id.net