Subject: NCSA httpd problems?
To: current <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: D. Jay Newman <jay@qabalah.cac.psu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1994 15:10:35
I had compiled and ran the NCSA httpd (latest version).  Two days later
my entire system collapsed (it would refuse to take logins at all, even
at the console).

I'm wondering if anybody else has had trouble with the NCSA httpd.  I am
pretty sure that I didn't have much use on it, because I haven't advertised
this to anybody yet.

The daemon was compiled for stand-alone use, and the BSD-flag was set
properly.  I was able to test it a few times and it seemed to work.
Ps -aux seemed to show no zombie-processes (which seem to the result of
having the BSD flag wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
--
D. Jay Newman           !  We were all born to live with magic, the
dn5@psu.edu             !  entire human race.  We're never more than