Subject: Serial Port Performance?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1994 09:44:58
I have a AST 4-Port board that I would like to add 16550 UARTS to, but I don't
have the cables... Any chance someone out there has an extra set?  Would it
be worth it?  I am heading out to buy two DSP-550 boards now, in the hopes
that I can use those in the meantime to support 4 dial-in modems @ 14,400bps.

I need to support 14.4k on 4 ports simultaniously at N-8-1.  Does NetBSD
current support 8-bit clean connections yet?  Has anybody done this?  What
do you need to do?

This is a business, and I am switching from a terminal server to direct
connections for about a month.  Any help in making this switch successfully
and quickly would be greatly appreciated, as always...

		-- Rob
		rls@id.net