Subject: Re: getty modifications
To: Achim Patzner <noses@oink.rhein.de>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.Ruhr.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1994 12:08:45
> The latest getty just hit me after supping the latest sources and installing
> them. It is completely ignoring /usr/include/sys/ttydefaults.h and even
> worse - my once working 8-bit clean entries in /etc/gettytab seem to be
> useless. Is there anyone who could tell me what to do against getty putting
> the terminal into 7 bit even parity mode before calling login? Is there
> anyone with a working entry for gettytab?

I don't had the time to delv into this, but I just refrained from
installing a new getty after getting the newest tar_files
and diffing them against my -current.  Any changes to getty should be
announced public to prepare folks for the new hassle.
May I assume nobody in core uses getty over serial 8 bit clean lines?

cheers
	Oskar