Subject: Re: Shared libraries and crypt
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
From: Peter Galbavy <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1994 10:25:19
> The disadvantage is that if someone on your box can coax any security
> hole to write something over your shared libcrypt or to write
> something into that area of memory, everything on your box is suddenly
> compromised.  Crypt should not be shared.

But if it is shared, then you can have *one* worldwide distribution, and
rely on the people outside the US of A getting their own nuclear weapons
- sorry shared and supply by default a dead crypt

Ouch, that PGP hurts when you poke me with it.
Peter Galbavy				e-mail:
Wonderland				  work: (soon)

	I like my food, I am what I eat, therefore I like myself