Subject: Re: Shared libraries and crypt
To: None <>
From: Geoff Rehmet <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1994 07:54:10
David Burren writes :
> Danny Thomas <> has reminded me about something:
> Has anyone else given any thought to the pros and cons of having crypt in
> a shared library?  I'm starting to think the disadvantages outweigh the
> advantages.
I don't think that this is a problem.
As far as security goes, all programs that use encryption must make
sure that they stomp the LD_LIBRARY_PATH before they do anything.

What particular problems are you thinking of?

BTW - guys watch the CC's I don't read -current-users, many of you
don't read free-des!
 Geoff Rehmet, Computer Science Department,   | ____   _ o         /\
 Rhodes University,  South Africa             |___  _-\_<,        /\/\/\