Subject: sysconf() et. al.
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@aggregate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1994 10:12:18
I've begin the process of porting a piece of software to NetBSD which runs
on many ports.  I relies heavily on sysconf() et. al.  I hate to have to
add a number of #ifdef __NetBSD__ items around these calls.

So my question is, is there equivlent functionality in another function
and/or is someone already working on sysconf()?

If no to both I've been looking for a small project, and this would
seem reasonable.  I'd be willing to do this, my only questions would
be is there a reason it hasn't been done yet (other than understandable
too much to do and not enough time).

The functions would have to be system calls, yet I see no defines for
them...the SunOS 4.1's have:

	#define	SYS_pathconf	186
	#define	SYS_fpathconf	187
	#define	SYS_sysconf	188

I don't have any other references.  The [f]pathconf() ones are a little
harder but doable I think.

-Mark