Subject: Re: Problem with the 3/7 sources.
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.ruhr.de>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@dragon.dsh.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/1994 07:17:07
In Message <199403140603.HAA19750@zappa.Ruhr.DE> ,
   Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.ruhr.de> wrote:

=>> believe it or not, the above 'mess' wasn't a 'mess' -- it enabled
=>> you to use a getty on a serial port.  before, that wasn't possible
=>> to do safely, w/o hacking the kernel sources.
=>
=>I used my serial ports with getty for long now.  No problems, except
=>nobody else seemed to use them...
=>
   I run getty on current (Jan 14 tar_files), and have noticed that
dropping the carrier doesn't HUP the session. I assume that is what
Chris is talking about?

                                   Gary D. Duzan
                                   Network Administrator
                                   Delaware State Hospital