Subject: Re: NetBSD-Feb12-i386: nfs broken?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/1994 19:37:09
In article <199403120931.AA03781@zen.void.oz.au> sjg@zen.void.oz.au (Simon J. Gerraty) writes:
> Anyway, one of the tests that I did at Sun before accepting the
> machine as repaird was the following test of nfs:
[...]
> So only NFS fails and it looks like NetBSD at fault.
>
> Anyone noticed similar problems?

Yes. See my very recent message (titled something like "UH-OH! nfs bug?
ufs bug?"). I'm getting very disturbing behavior with cp over nfs.
(in my case, between NetBSD/amiga and SunOS). I'm beginning to wonder if
the problem might be with mmap() over nfs... try using cat to copy the
files and see if the problem persists. I'll do the same and post results.

--
Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked
tsarna@endicor.com        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."