Subject: Re: Using ``loopback filesystem''
To: None <explorer@iastate.edu>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@aggregate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1994 10:03:47
> First off, does it work?
>
> :)
>
> If so, here's my problem.
>
> The drive in junkbox isn't large enough to hold all the source, so I'd like
> to mount part of ponderous:/local/netbsd on /ponderous, and use something other
> than symlinks to make /usr/src -> /ponderous/usr/src, for example.
> If I use symlinks, I also have to hack the share/mk files to make the obj
> files in the right place.  :(

I just started using LOFS last night, so far no problems.  I've been using
it for /home and some other "big" things that I'm working with that
originally were mounted off of /.  On my system at home I don't have enough
disk to really give each their own fs, so a loopback mount from /export/home
etc did the trick.  /bin/pwd and all the other fine stuff seems to work.

-Mark