Subject: Console help...
To: None <>
From: Jason R. Thorpe <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1994 14:51:41
Charles Hannum...(et al.)

After the console rewrite I'm having some problems with x386.  I'm
building from source right now and am stuck on the server...

Here goes...

there is no <machine/console.h>
there is no <machine/ioctl_pc.h>

I fixed that problem with <machine/pccons.h>

My problem now is:

VT_ACTIVATE is undefined.  I don't know what it used to be, and I don't
know if that's the appropriate value to send to ioctl anymore...

It's used in this context:

        if (x386Info.consType == SYSCONS)
          if (down)
            ioctl(x386Info.consoleFd, VT_ACTIVATE, scanCode - KEY_F1 + 1);

Any help here would be _REALLY_ appreciated...

Jason R. Thorpe                         737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-2552
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'