Subject: Re: Status of 3c509 drivers?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1994 10:04:13
: Stupid question of the day: Why is the default config for ep0 at 0x350
: rather than 0x300? (I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation,
: but I'm curious..)

Because when I wrote the driver; the card I took home was configured
that way and that fit in with the other hardware I had; so that's what
made it into my config file.  Then when I committed the driver; I X-cut/pasted
my config line into the generic config files.

See? Perfectly logical. :-)

But you're right; perhaps the default setting should go into the config
file.  Someone want to tell me what the default is please? :-)

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>