Subject: Re: Status of 3c509 drivers?
To: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1994 09:44:29
   I believe this is the default config for the device. Oh, and by
   the way.. there is a man page on it in the current source tree..

   device          ep0 at isa? port 0x350 net irq 10 vector epintr

The one I just bought came out of the box set up for a different port
(0x300, I think).  Since it's a jumperless, soft-config board, you
have to boot DOS and run the setup floppy that comes with the board to
fix this.

Stupid question of the day: Why is the default config for ep0 at 0x350
rather than 0x300? (I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation,
but I'm curious..)

						- Bill