Subject: Re: New Kernel as of 03-07-94, What's THIS???
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, rls@zeus.id.net>
From: Charles Hannum <mycroft>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/1994 21:51:34
   I now get something strange when I boot up.. Something from INETD
   about a pmap error.

The particular error to which you're referring is generated by pmap_set()
in the RPC library.  I would suggest you have misconfigured something.

   Also, the first time I boot the new kernel, I got about 10 or so core
   dumps (from what looked to be /bin/sh).

Well you're running INN.  I would hardly be surprised if it breaks ash.
But this non-specific bug report is not useful.

   Also, has the problems with the NE2000 code been fixed yet?

*What* problems?  I have a NE2000 in my 386 box, and it works fine.