Subject: RE documentation
To: None <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/1994 15:58:03
regex(3) tells me:

       grep(1), regex(7)

[root@stingray]~# man 7 regex
man: no entry for regex in the manual.

Does this man page really exist anywhere?  Or, alternately, is there
any man page or document in the NetBSD system that is a relatively
"complete list" of "standard" regular expressions?

I also tried "man regexp" which gave me a brief list.  Is this list
fairly accurate to what exists in the RE handling stuff in the

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Unix for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.