Subject: Re: How do I get my 3C509-TP working under -current?
To: None <scott@bart.acs.nmu.edu>
From: Brian D. Carlstrom <bdc@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1994 14:44:12
   From: Scott Reynolds <scott@bart.acs.nmu.edu>

   I pretty much ignored messages that talked about this particular
   Ethernet board because I didn't have one to use, but the situation
   has changed.  Can anyone give me the magic word to use to enable
   the TP jack on the 3C509 (if such a word exists)?  Also, if there
   is a recommended setup, I would appreciate that info also.

you need link0 and link1. heres what i found in the file
/sys/arch/i386/isa/if_ep.c.  is there a better place to find this
"documentation"?

-bri

        /*
         * you can `ifconfig (link0|-link0) ep0' to get the following
         * behaviour:
         *      -link0  disable AUI/UTP. enable BNC.
         *      link0   disable BNC. enable AUI.
         *      link1   if the card has a UTP connector, and link0 is
         *              set too, then you get the UTP port.
         */