Subject: Re: Snapshot Report - 26 Feb tar_files [groff reboots]
To: Dale Rahn <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/1994 17:48:21
>I am having problems with the processes dieing of signal 10 and signal 11,
>this include init twice, It seems strange receiving a message on all windows

You mean like gcc, nroff, etc?  I've had cc get signal 11 a *lot* and my
machine breaks into the debugger with a vm fault.  I've recompiled a kernel
from last night's source, and so far everything is fine.

I suspect the spontaneous reboots are from folk who don't have the kernel
debugger installed.

The exact situation is like this:

...  chug  ...
signal 11.
...  chug  ...
(gets further, including past the file where the first make died on)
signal 11.
...  chug  ...

Michael Graff                 <>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735
Ames, IA  50014           PGP key on a server near YOU!