Subject: Re: Snapshot Report - 26 Feb tar_files [groff reboots]
To: None <tim@introl.introl.com>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/1994 21:30:37

Tim> Hello, Alistair Crooks reported recently that he was seeing
Tim> spontaneous reboots when manual pages were being formatted.  I

Tim> Anybody else seeing this?  Is it really related to the memory
Tim> usage pattern of groff?

Just for the record, the amiga community saw strange behaviour of
man sometime ago.  It turned out to be a console bug with underlines,
which hardly any other application than man uses.  Well, it's "less"
I suppose, but most files you "less" don't have underline sequences
in it except those nroffed.

My guess: check underlining in your console!  Don't flame me if I'm
wrong, it's just a guess.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden     mcsun!seunet!appli!niklas