Subject: setsockopt? Re: ASUS [45]86 motherboard and NetBSD?
To: None <bdc@ai.mit.edu>
From: David M. LaMacchia <dml@martigny.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/1994 01:34:13
>>  Or what's a particularly bad machine to avoid?
>
> after all the random problems, i'd say dont get a gateway...
>
> -bri

I'd have to disagree, bri.  As you know, I've been running current on my
gateway and the only "gateway-related" problem I've had it the
programmable keyboard bug.  It's been great, otherwise.

Of course, there's still that random setsockopt strangeness; any remote
activity (telnet, rlogin, ftp, etc.) reports something like:

telnet: setsockopt (IP_TOS) (ignored): Invalid argument

I haven't upgraded yet from the current of a few weeks ago...I'll
probably do it soon and let people know if it persists.  Has anyone else
run into this bug?  I'm using a 3c509 if it's of any consequence.

--dave