Subject: Re: *** FingerD ***
To: scott <gt1679c@prism.gatech.edu>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/1994 09:28:32
> One nice feature of the fingerd here is that individual users are allowed
> to specify if they want to allow their account to be fingered by creating
> a .fallow file in their directory.  By default, all remote finger requests
> are refused.

That sounds like an excellent idea!  But maybe the default should be to allow
finger connections unless there is a ".fdeny" in the users home directory...
And does this work for local users as well?  Ie: Is it in the finger command,
or in the fingerd daemon?  What does everyone else think?

Chris D.  Any chance I can get that account on sun-lamp now?  I have some
plans on finishing this up, maybe importing/porting a graphics library, and
adding a bunch of device drivers for different ethernet cards.  I have this
machine for development, but I would like to be able to keep the source in
a common place, even if you don't want to give out commit-privs, at least
that way someone can check my code in when they think it is ready.