Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/1994 12:44:51
[forwarded to current-users in case anyone interested forgot to
put themselves on port-sparc, and missed the announcement]

> How usable is NetBSD/sparc right now?  Will it run on a Sparc 10/41GX?

It's very usable, but only on sun4c machines. It won't run on the 10
series because they are are sun4m machines. I think at least 10 people
are running it.

> In particular, is it working well enough to have gcc compile all of
> userland?  If so, are binaries available somewhere?

Userland compiles cleanly. Check out a 3-4 week old binary distribution
in pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc -- available on most ftp sites (including
agate).